Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 06:40:09 -0800
On 30 Nov 2001, at 11:03, Demetri Kolokotronis wrote:

> I have bmp files I would like to change to jpg to save space. Any
> disadvantage doing this? Is there a way to change a large number
> of files at one time? Any reason I could not change back to bmp if
> want?
>
> Demetri Kolokotronis

  JPEG (.jpg) is sort of a family of formats, depending on how much
detail is allowed to be lost in the compression.  The decompression
is fast and the loss is often not noticable with the naked eye.  But
it is there, and there is no guarantee that a .BMP created by
converting back from .JPG will be *exactly* the same as the original.

  [I have an impression that .GIF doesn't lose details on the
compression, but may be limited to 256 colours in an image, and you
may lose some colour fidelity achieving that.
  There *is* a compression format for .BMPs called RLE, which doesn't
lose any detail, but depending on the image the reduction in size may
be little or none at all.]

David Gillett

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml