Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 15:18:39 -0400
George,

First of all, the term "Windows Start Up" disk is very misleading.  If
someone were to read the description as listed on the START UP tab of the
ADD/REMOVE programs section of the CONTROL PANEL, then one would think
this is some sort of magic disk capable of curing many problems..... not
so.

It is just a plain ordinary DOS boot disk. It does have some valuable
tools installed like REGEDIT, FDISK, FORMAT, and a couple others that are
less useful, but as far as diagnostics.... scandisk is the only real
diagnostic tool installed.

There are three things that must be done to create this startup disk.
It sounds like you have completed two of the three tasks.

1. Format a floppy disk using FORMAT A: /S
2. Copy the himem.sys file and your cd-driver.file to the same
    floppy disk.(some hardware configurations may need other files)
3. Create and/or edit the AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files
    on the floppy disk so that the commands point to the floppy
    and not to the hard drive.  (IE: change the line from
    C:\WIINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS to A:\HIMEM.SYS
    and DEVICE=C:\SOMEPATH\SOME-CD-DRIVER
    to DEVICE=A:\SOME-CD-DRIVER)

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====