Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:02:07 -0700
Hi Bob,

You get the readonly because files saved to a CD are read only by
definition. When you burn them to a CD, they do not retain the original
permissions. When copied from the CD, they inherit the read-only status that
the CD assigns to them by definition.

There are a couple solutions.

1.) For files already on your office computer, you can use Windows explorer
to change them from read-only by highlighting them (use the ctrl and shift
keys while clicking to highlight groups of files), then right-clicking on
the highlighted file or files and selecting "Properties". Click the
"read-only" check box so it is unchecked. (If it has a square in the box, it
means that the group of files has mixed attributes).
2.) To avoid this in the future, instead of burning files individually to
the CD for transferring, archive them in a zip file, then burn the zip file
to the CD. Using the appropriate option on the zip program, it will retain
the file attributes when you unzip it.

Russ Poffenberger

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bob Fields
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Read only saves

I write in two places, home and office.  When I copied all my files (lots of
them) at home to put them on my office computer all of them were saved as
"read only," a tremendous inconvenience.

I wrote them to a Sony DVD/CD rewritable disk using Nero Software, XP home.

Is there a way to remove the "read only" as a batch or must that be done
individually by resaving under a different name?  Failing being able to
batch remove the "read only," is there a way to copy .doc files without them
getting the "read only" control slapped on them to begin with?

pages.com.  OLD address was [log in to unmask]

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml