Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 20:24:07 +0200
Hi

I just thought I'd jump in here.
I would not recommend anyone who wants to learn HTML to come anywhere near
FrontPage as FP doesn't create good code and if you start using it you will
never learn how to code properly.
If you are going to go into professional web programming then you need to
understand the basics. You do not need the basics for a "3 page" web site
(although that is also debatable)
If you plan to create a "big" web site then you need to learn how to use the
proper tools, FP is not a proper tool. You need to go out and get
Dreamweaver or GoLive. These are the photoshop's of HTML editing.
You have probably gathered from this that I am anti-FP. But when you start
doing "big" web sites where one person no longer controls when/where content
is added then FP becomes a problem maker.
FP and Trellix are for novice users who don't want/need to learn about web
programming and simply want to add text and a few pictures to an already
established web site.

Cheers
Kevin Hains
Cape Town
South Africa
Http://users.lia.net/hains/
Never fight with a Dragon for thou art crunchy and goest well with cheese

> If you are going to be  working with a simple 3 page personal web, then
any
> editor will do.  But if you are going to be working with a large
complicated
> web, you need something on the level of FP or Trellix.
>
> Jim Meagher

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>