Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 13:21:43 -0700
There are some inexpensive programs out there that are available at
stores like Office Max, CompUSA and Office Depot.  They are not
mainline, big named companies so their prices reflect that, but they do
pack a lot of capability.  One line that you might want to read up on is
"My ____" series of programs.  The My Mail List program is like a data
base app where you can add up to 25 additional fields to the 15 or so
already programmed.  You can write letters from it and dial out from
it.  I think it runs about US$30 in Office Max.
--
Jean  :>))

Joan Rapier wrote:

> I am looking for a couple of specific apps:
>
> (1) an app that one can use for tracking investments, etc.  If any of
> you have ever used Microsoft's "Financial Manager' bundled w/ their
> MSOffice Small Business Application - do you know if this program is
> capable of this feature?  Do you know of any other app. that one who
> invests would find is a useful tool?
>
> (2) a PIM type of app (Not any of the Outlook flavors) that would be
> practical for a business person w/ a clientele of more than 100
> individuals. It is important that the app' is "friendly" (hence not
> "Outlook" - too unwieldy and counter-intuitive), able to maintain
> important dates, reminders, addresses, e-mail listings (that can be used
>
> to do multiple mailings), etc.  Would like the reminder period to be
> configurable; need to be able to do searches by first or last names,
> etc.; need to be able to maintain "notes", etc. on individual
> contacts/clients/etc.  Bundled w/ a good e-mail handler would be a real
> plus.
>
> Joan Rapier

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: