Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 12:47:42 -0800
>I would like to transfer a file over 10 megs from work to home both with
>internet access.  How can I do this?  I use to use a DOS program years ago
>"CommWorks" which could do this with a direct telephone connection but is
>there a way to do this over the internet?  Thanks

If you don't have or want to use a FTP site or Web page, the easiest way to
do this would be to use a compression program, that will break a zip file
up into small bits that you can mail to your home address as file
attachments. But first you might want to ask your Sysadmin at work, if they
have an FTP site available for this purpose.

Do a search at any software site under archive and you should turn up a
number of choices for a archiver. Then find out if you can mail attachments
from work and if so how large they can be. Also find out how large your
mail box at home is, so you have an idea on how big to make the attachments
you want to send.

You could also purchase a full featured email web address like USA.net (
$30 a year) which comes with a 10 megabyte mailbox. If you have a American
Express card you can sign up for one of these for free. They are the best
paid email accounts available.

Alternatively, you will need a FTP site or web site that you can upload to.
Then you can you can just download the file anywhere you have internet
access. Try http://geocities.yahoo.com/home/ to set up a free 15 megabyte
web site. Then upload your file and when you get home download it from your
web page! Most ISPs provide you with a free web site of 6 to 10 megabytes
that you can upload files to by FTP.

Or you can purchase a real online FTP site at
http://www.freedrive.com/GetMain.asp?menuid=whysignup . Finally there is
freeware called WAR FTP which will allow you to put up your own FTP site
from home, although this approach is pretty complicated and may be
overwhelming for a novice.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: