Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:31:42 -0700
On 14 Jul 99, at 18:47, Pam Pedersen wrote:

> My thanks to the people trying to help me with my hard drive partitioning problem.
>
> To David G--When I click on My computer it only shows the C drive, the A
> drive (floppie) and the D drive (cd).  It does not show me the other space
> left.  I believe my hard drive is 6.4 gig, so I'm sure we did something
> wrong when we installed the Windows 98 as we put the computer together.
> Like we told it to partition it when we shouldn't have maybe.  I am just
> trying to figure out how to get rid of the partition without having to
> copy everything to another hard drive and then start over and then put it
> all back again.  I just want to have one big hard drive!

  Okay, that sounds like when FDISK was asked if you wanted support for large
drives (FAT32), it was told "No", and then only the single partition was
created.  As I indicated, there is a utility in Win98 (Start->Programs-
>Accessories->System Tools->Drive Converter (FAT32)) to convert the partition
to a format that can be larger, but there's no Microsoft utility to actually
increase the partition size without losing your files.
  If your budget is limited and you're feeling adventurous, you may be able
to find a shareware utility that can make the partition larger.  I prefer to
rely on Partition Magic, about $40; install it and tell it to resize the
partition to the size of the drive, and go get a cup of coffee while it does
it.

David G

                         The NOSPIN Group, Inc.
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org