Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:25:54 -0500
This had been a common problem in all versions of Windows 9x. I have been
successful with the troubleshooting steps below.  The one step that usually
fixes the ones I've worked is deleting the xxxx.pwl file where "xxxx" is
the user name.

Doug

At 1/16/01 07:39 AM, Kenneth V. Vickery wrote:

>BUT I lost my ability to save my DUN password.  It is
>now greyed out.  I have tried MS troubleshooter but none of the suggestions
>(steps) work.

Bug Name: Windows 95/98 Dial-up Networking Save Password Bug Affects:
Windows 95 (including OSR2) Dial-up Networking users Severity Level: Level
1 (Level 10 is the most severe) Additional Info:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q148/9/25.asp Fix: Fix
Available Below

Description of Bug: Large numbers of Windows 95/98 Dial-up Networking users
are staying up late at night pulling their hair out over why the Save
Password option in their Connect To dialog box doesn't work. Symptoms range
from being able to select the box and it not working, to the box being
completely grayed out and inaccessible.

Available Fix(es): Option available but not working: The first thing to
note when trying to fix this problem is that for the Save Password option
to work, you must successfully connect to the remote system at least once
with the option checked before Windows 95 will save your password. This
also means that if you have more than one connection profile, you need to
establish at least one successful connection with each profile that you
wish to save your password with, even if your password is the same across
all the profiles.

If you have successful connections and it still doesn't work, the first
thing to try is deleting your Windows password file. Do a search on your
system for *.PWL, then delete or rename them. Reboot your system, and
you'll notice that Windows will ask for a user name and password to log in.
You're now re-creating this password information in your system. You don't
have to enter a password here if you don't want to use one every time you
log in, but you do need to enter a user name. This will rebuild the
password file, and may allow your Dial-up Networking to save your dial-up
password.

Option not available (grayed out): There are a number of reasons why this
may be occurring, and there are a number of ways you can try and get around
the problem. One method is to change your Computer Name to the login ID you
use for your Internet Service Provider (ISP). You can modify your computer
name by double-clicking the Network icon in the Control Panel, then
selecting the Identification tab (you'll have to reboot for the change to
take affect).

Sometimes, un-installing and re-installing Dial-up Networking can solve
this problem. In the Control Panel, choose the Add/Remove Programs option.
Then go to the Windows Setup tab, and uncheck the Dial-up Networking
option. Press OK until all the dialog boxes are closed, then reboot. Follow
these same instructions and re-check the Dial-up Networking option. Then
try your connection again.

Some users have had luck solving this problem by installing the Client for
Microsoft Networks. In the Control Panel, open the Network option. If the
Client for Microsoft Networks is not at or near the top of the list, press
the Add button, then choose Client, Microsoft, and then Client for
Microsoft Networks. Press OK until all the dialog boxes are closed, then
reboot.

More information on this bug is available from Microsoft at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q148/9/25.asp and
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q137/3/61.asp.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com