Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:51:50 -0800
Here is a site that has instructions for removal of Wild Tangent.
http://www.pchell.com/support/wildtangent.shtml
I've never used this site so I can not offer an opinion of its accuracy.
I tried the link for the automatic removal and was not able to find the
referenced tool. The instructions seem rather complex and you instead
might want to try turning off the "restore" function in XP, restart in
Safe mode, rerun Spybot, restart in standard mode, and turn back on the
restore function. First check the add/remove list and, if Wild Tangent
is listed, try removing it.

I hope this helps.

Tom

diane hartley wrote:
> I hope it is OK to add a question.  I use Spybot Search and Destroy and have Windows XP.  Recently, I did a scan that came up with 2 files titled WildTangent that required a rescan by Spybot after restarting the computer to fix.  After it rescanned and fixed the problem, a Spybot popup said that there was a request to change the registry and the file was titled Wild Tangent - did I want to accept the change?  I assumed, since I had not gone on the internet, that the registry change was part of the fix and accepted the change, but now wonder if somehow WildTangent was able to immediately reinfiltrate.  Does anyone know what WildTangent is or does?  If it's a problem, can I get rid of it without doing a recovery?  I did restore to a date prior to the date this all happened, but don't know how to check the registry to see if WildTangent is there, and if it is, how to delete it.
>
> Diane Hartley

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml