Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:48:26 -0700
Sure.  Don't buy a new PC.  Many easy things to try first.

Open PC in 'Safe Mode' by pressing F8 during start up.
Then, navigate to "System Restore" either thru 'Computer', Desk Top, or Run.
Then run System Restore and restore to an earlier time.

Doesn't work, then get into 'Safe Mode' and run a Virus & Spyware Scan thru Norton or whatever Security software you are using.

Even if System Restore does work try to run a Virus Scan in Safe Mode.

Also, Malware Bytes free from CNET Downloads will find and delete the offender.

Tell your sister to clean her PC after each time online with something like CCLEANER or Glary Utilities.  Both free from CNET. Otherwise her new PC will gunk up to.  She may want to consider an extended Warranty.  My little girl has used her HP warranty twice.  I extended it for another year.

David Thompson

--- On Tue, 7/10/12, Brenda Dencer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Brenda Dencer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [PCSOFT] Virus??
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 5:16 AM

This is for my sister. She has an all-in-one Dell with Windows 7. Recently,
she has been having problems using the computer. She can't get onto the
internet although she has been able to pull up her home page (probably
cached?). Some programs won't open and it's very slow. She has run Norton
which hasn't come up with anything.

Taking it to the Geek Squad will cost almost as much as buying a new
computer so she's getting a new one. But, I wonder what can be done to
diagnose and resolve her issues?

Any suggestions?

Brenda Dencer, Columbia, MD

                          PCSOFT's List Owners: