Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 13:30:48 -0500
On Friday 05 March 2004 05:26 pm, Diane Duncan wrote:

> Actually, I do have a dual boot option.  But when I try to boot to Linux, I
> get that kernel panic message.  I want to get Linux off this windows box
> and put it on its own box.  I have Acronis PowerUtilities, which I thought
> did the same thing as Partition Magic?  I was hoping to simply select the
> program and delete it using this Acronis, but nothing seems simple.
>
> Diane

Diane:
You've got two tasks ahead of you. First off, you want to get rid of the Linux
partitions. I've always used Partition Magic for these tasks, but I've read
some good things about Ranish Partition Manager (freeware). The homepage is
http://www.ranish.com/part/. It is also available from a number of other
software sources. Once you get it downloaded and installed, just fire it up
and delete all of the Linux partitions. You can then create a new Windows
partition in the reclaimed space, or expand an existing partition to fit.
Once that is done, and the partitions have been formatted, you will need to
restore the master boot record on the hard drive. (When you installed
Mandrake, it overwrote the MBR to enable the dual loader.) The simplest way
to do that is to reboot to your Windows boot floppy and run fdisk /mbr.

Incidentally, I did some research on the problem that you had with Mandrake
8.0; the problem occurs because something went awry with the installation
process, and it is likely related to difficulties recognizing your hardware.
FWIW, there have been six new versions of Mandrake since 8.0 (version 10.0
was just released this week), many of those problems have been resolved.

Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>