Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
William Closure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 07:52:23 EST
In a message dated 2/10/02 11:33:37 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Are there any users of WordPerfect Office 2002 out there?  I know there is
> other software that many use, but I MUCH prefer WordPerfect.  After using
> versions 5, 6, and 7 with no problems, I am very disappointed with all the
> conflicts in version 10 (Office 2002).  Is anyone else having problems with
> it and finding any long-term solutions?
>
> When I would click on the WP icon in the older versions, I was INSTANTLY in
> the program.  With this version, it takes a full minute and sometimes more
> until it loads.  When I use the Address Book or Calendar, it takes forever
> to bring up that module, and then "twice as forever" for each of my address
> books to load when I choose one.
>
> I also get a lot of crashes when editing graphics in Presentations through
> WP.  Also, when I switch from full page view to 100% OR 100% to full page
> view, the graphics do not change proportions appropriately.
>
> The CARM organizer doesn't seem to be doing its job 100% of the time.
> Sometimes it keeps me from losing my work, and sometimes it crashes anyway
> or locks up my entire PC.
>
> There are other problems as well, but I'll stick to those for now until I
> receive a response.

No need to apologize for using WP.  Any alternative to MS products is a for
blow for freedom from Bill Gates juggernaut.

I don't use WP, but most everything you mention suggests the possibility of
bloatware . . . the incessant addition of more and more code until your
system is overwhelmed, or you break down and buy new hardware, which will be
adequate until you upgrade your software again, at which time you need bigger
and better hardware, until you upgrade your software . . . well, you get the
idea.  Jumping from version 7 to 10 would also explain the huge disparity of
performance.

The first thing I would do would be to eliminate the obvious.  Get all the
current updates and search for fixes on the MS and WP sites.  When running
WP, shut down everything else and see if that fixes/improves the situation.
Check the system requirements on WP.  If you barely meet them, that would be
another sign that you are pushing your system to the limit.

If that's the problem, it may be as simple as upgrading your memory, the
easiest of all hardware fixes.

Good luck.

William Closure

                     visit our download web page at: