Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 22:06:03 +1200
Here's a weirdo:
A W98 client reported problems with Outlook Express5.5 behaving strangely.

AVG was installed, but it was 4 months short of updates.

I updated the virus defs and ran a full scan.  No virii.

The pc was still acting oddly, so I ran a full FProt scan.

Aha! 3 Klez infections, which FProt 'disinfected'.

However, the weird behaviour persisted, and it was this:

There were two Inbox emails that looked suspect.  With the OE preview pane
enabled, (which a colleague has since told me isn't a good idea) I
discovered that whenever I ran the pointer over one of these emails, or even
arrowed the cursor down over it, the monitor lost signal and faded to black.
It's operational light also changed from green to amber, indicating complete
loss of signal.

I was able to restart it by 'imagining' that the email was still selected,
then using the neccessary keystrokes to delete the email.  This brought the
monitor back to life. During the blackout, OE proved to have had crashed and
needed to be re-opened.

I used the same process to remove the second email, though this was more
stubborn and took several tries. It also initiated this (verbatim) report
popup before the monitor blacked out:

"Internet Explorer cannot download
Gctm8m0L1x6H76U0o47 from.
The protocol specified in this address is not valid"

This message is one thing but the monitor signal loss really baffles me -
anyone had a similar experience?

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown