Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Elizabeth Boston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 22:11:43 -0500
        One of our local ISPs has just come out with a new CD, which includes
version 4.5 of Netscape. Several of my customers have upgraded
Netscape using this CD, and have ended up with a rather frustrating
problem....
        Every time Netscape is opened, the settings in the Control Panel,
under Internet change to "Connect using a local area network" instead
of "Connect using a modem". Even more frustrating, it is set to
automatically disconnect after 5 minutes of inactivity.
        I have tried everything that I and the tech support personnel at this
ISP can think of to change it, but, every time I open Netscape, it
defaults back to those settings.
        The connection settings under "Modems" in the control panel are set
to not disconnect, as are the settings under the Dial up networking
connection. I have changed the settings, and rebooted before opening
Netscape with no luck...
        Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

        Elizabeth Boston

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: