Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:39:33 -0800
David Hurst wrote:

> After several days of trying to download and install IE5, I have
> reached the point where I want to delete all vestiges of Internet
> Explorer from my system, and maybe.. maybe .. start over form
> scratch.  In instaliing IE5, I was informed via a dialogue box
> that a previous uninstall file was missing or corrupt, and that
> continuing the IE5 installation would mean it could not be
> removed... Naively maybe I said to proceed.  then Outlook Express
> would not install, even after numerous attempt, to include
> redownloading the ie4setup file.  IE5 itself appears to have
> installed without problem.  But now IE5 wont  let me remove it
> from my system..!!!!  Only options i get when atrempting to
> remove it are to add a component or repair it.  I have tried both
> options , repeatedly, and still no Outlook Express.   So I want
> to just erase all vestiges of IE5 (if I can..) and any remnants
> of Outlook Express too, and try to start over  (thank goodness
> for Netscape 4.4..!!).
>
> I am sure part of the problem is due to my originally loading IE
> 4.0 with SP1,  then installing the IE5 beta over that, which
> never seemed to work.. but again wouldnt let me delete it...!!!!
> so I just deleted all the files and directories i could find
> dealing with IE...thnking IE5 would make everything right.... it
> didnt...
>
> so is there any way to completely rid my system of IE everything,
> and do a clean reinstall  ??
>
> Appreciate your suggestions....and sorry for the long
> explanation......
> Thanks
> David Hurst

David,

I forgot to add one other note for you and all of the other readers:

At the bottom of the CNN page that provides info on how to remove IE
from win98, there is a link in very small font to another site:
http://www.98lite.net/

At this site, they offer a program that will go and do several things to
Win 98 that is designed to improve its operation.  Everyone who is
interested in reviewing these options should post their results to
PCSoft and let us know what the results were.

--
Jean Bourvic :>))

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html