Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Dent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:39:30 -0800
Char,

Hi!

Here's what Microsoft says disk scanning - "Detecting and repairing disk
errors: You can use the Error-checking tool to check for file system errors
and bad sectors on your hard disk.
1. Open "My Computer", and then select the local disk you want to check.
2. On the File menu, click Properties.
3. On the Tools tab, under Error-checking, click Check Now.
4. Under Check disk options, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of
bad sectors check box."
(Note that you can also defragment the disk, if needed, from this location.)

Your other question about running programs I answer thus; The System Tray
only shows the fully active programs that you have opened. Other running
programs that are started by the operating system may not show. This
includes programs that are running in a resident mode such as some virus
programs or other windows "background" tools. To see all of the programs
running press; CTRL, ALT, & DELETE keys together and the "Windows Task
Manager" will appear. Under the "Applications" tab you will see all of your
major programs listed.  To see all "Processes," click on that tab.
(Processes are mostly small program routines or parts of larger programs.)
You can terminate any running program from the Windows Task Manager.

Good Luck!

John D.

At 04:22 PM 12/29/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>My name is Char Billings.
>Hello.  Can you tell me how to run thorough scan disk on Windows XP?  Also,
>when I hit control - alt - delete to see all of the programs running,
>only one
>or two are shown, when I know there are many more programs running.  Why is
>that?  I appreciate your help.
>
>              PCSOFT maintains many useful files for download

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml