Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Gary Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 06:40:33 -0700
Good morning everyone.

Regarding the list of orphans, after running the "Fix All" option;  can you
delete the remaining values safely, if you have determined that the file or
folder is no longer on the system?

I have a number of orphan .tmp references from the IE-4 install.

Thanks,
Gary

Gary Perkins
Search, Recruitment, Consulting
Phone: (503) 581-2554
Fax: (503) 370-8812

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Jim Meagher
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 1998 12:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Nuts & Bolts Registry Wizard

Earl,

I think you are trying to make this more complicated or magical
than it really is.

I had written up about 5 paragraphs to explain it again, but then
I needed to double check something so I got the book out.  After rereading
page 2-17, I realized that they explained the whole process much more
eloquently and susinctly than I ever could.  The only thing I could
add to what they said is:

When they use the term ORPHAN, they are refering to a registry
entry that has a path statement that no longer points to a file
(because the file was deleted or moved, or the registry is corrupted).

At each step, the wizard tests your system and then generates a
diagnostic REPORT.  After each report is created and displayed,
you have three basic options:
CANCEL -- exit and do nothing -- NO CHANGES MADE.
REPAIR (or FIX) -- MANUALLY repair the invalid entries one at a time,
                   by editing, searching for, or deleting the item.
REPAIR (or FIX) ALL -- repair all simply searches all hard drives for
                       the missing files.  Fix all updates the registry.

The ADVANCED button will transfer the report to the REGISTRY PRO
application (regedit on steriods), and then close down the wizard.

At NO time, does the wizard change anything on it's own.  You must
click a button to make any and ALL changes.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
=====