Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:05:54 -0800
Hello,

I ran the css validator on your page, and its tossing errors on the
following -

div header {
<id="Borg; width: 400px; margin: 1% auto;">
}

div site_links {
<id="menu margin: 0 0 1% 0;">
}

div nav {
<id="menu_other margin: 5% 0 1% 0;">
}

And that is a very strange way of doing things that I've never seen
before. To declare an id one would normally use the method you have used
farther down in your css file as follows -

div#lus {
font-size: 0.6em;
}

This section creates an id of lus to be used with a div element. Here
are the error messages the validator tosses for you page -

6       div header       Lexical error at line 5, column 2. Encountered:
"i" (105), after : "<"  id="Borg; width: 400px; margin: 1% auto;"> }
10     div site_links     Lexical error at line 9, column 2.
Encountered: "i" (105), after : "<" id="menu margin: 0 0 1% 0;"> }
14     div nav     Lexical error at line 13, column 2. Encountered: "i"
(105), after : "<" id="menu_other margin: 5% 0 1% 0;"> }
URI : http://tracs.co.nz/marvin/
20         Parse Error text-align: center

I think if you convert the first three lines to standard css it will
help. In your html code, I see no refernce whatsoever to an id="Borg"
but you do reference an id="header" which isn't defined by your css

Make that first section above look like the following and I think it
will work -

div #header {
     width: 400px
     margin: 1%
}

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are trying to set to "auto" in that section
so I can't offer suggestions for that.

I also note you're using a hidden web bug div at the bottom of the
page... what's that about?

You can diagnose problems like this much easier if you get the Web
Developer add on for Firefox, it adds many tools to your toolbar that
let you inspect any element of your pages, and includes menu entries to
submit your page to the W3C css and html validators which I used on your
page to find the errors quickly.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows