Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"K. Karl Kuller" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 11:26:50 -0500
Don Kendrew wrote:

> I would caution you when using .jpg (graphics format) to
>do all your changes in a bitmap file first, and then when
you're sure there
>will be no more changes, that's the time to convert to a
.jpg. This is
>because .jpg is a "lossee" compression that compresses ever
further every
>time you "save" the image. The more often you "save" the
same image, the
>poorer the image quality as a result.

    Since my logical mind could not accept "continual
compression" with saves when no compression was being used,
I tested the concept by saving a photograph that was in the
.jpg format for a series of 10 saves, using the PhotoStacker
Pro graphics program.
    While there was no reduction in file size with each
save, which would have occurred if additional compression
had taken place, there was a noticeable degradation in
resolution and a slight loss of red in the coloring.
    Surprising, however, was the fact that the byte size of
the file slowly "increased" with each save from 76,196 for
Save No. 1 to 76,587 for Save No. 10!

    K. Karl Kuller            [log in to unmask]

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]