Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:59:14 -0800
Maybe I am missing something. You can create a MS DOS icon on your desktop
in Windows XP by right clicking on the 'command' file in Windows/System32
and sending it to the desktop as a shortcut. Then when the shortcut is
activated by a double or single click (depending upon individual setup), a
DOS window will open and is fully useable.
Also, I put my created batch files in a directory named 'batch' and placed
the 'batch' directory in the path statement in the 'autoexec.bat' file. That
process seems to work fine. At the same time I added a 'temp' directory to
the 'c' drive and added the 'tmp=c:\temp' and the 'temp=c:\temp' statements
to the autoexec.bat file so that it is easy to keep the temp files cleaned
out.

Tom Mayer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Rode" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] XCopy in XP

There is no DOS or DOS window in XP. There is a full 32 bit command line,
which is the same one that was available with NT or Windows 2000. The
difference between DOS, and the XP command line, is the difference between
my Toyota Tachoma and an F15.

You are asking how to run a program from the command line, without using
the correct path? If it is in the windows directory then just type
program >notepad.exe . If it is somewhere else just type out the path

 >c:\My Programs\program folder\myprogram.exe

  There is no reason why you may not use a path statement, and then run the
exe. You can run a path statement in a autoexec.bat at start up or invoke
it from a batch file when the command line window loads.  What command line
are you trying to execute, perhaps an example.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

At 07:17 AM 11/6/2003, you wrote:
>My experience with XP Pro is that when one goes to the Run Window and
>invokes a DOS command directly, it executes and immediately closes the DOS
>window.  Consequently, we instead type the "CMD" command actually to open a
>DOS window, change to the directory wherein resides the DOS application
>which we wish to invoke and then type the correct program name and hit
>enter.  The command will execute and the DOS window remain open until
>manually closed, again from the command line.  The command to close the DOS
>window is "exit".  That should address your question, I believe.
>
>   Now, a related one of my own.  Previously we used a "Path Statement" to
>cause DOS to search a series of subdirectories for the application we
>invoked.  Does anybody know how we might duplicate that and avoid having
>manually to search for the correct subdirectory for these DOS commands in
XP
>Pro?
>
>Tommy Holmes, Jr.

                     support at our newest website: