Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Robert Turnbull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 17:50:03 -0500
At 12:03 AM 11/01/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject: Clean install windows 95b
>I have a Compaq 4712 which has the regular
>Compaq version of windows 95a on it together
>with all the software package that cames with
>the computer most of which is old.
>As we all know Compaq puts it's OS on a restore
>CD which must be run to get the OS back in
>the event of a complete failure.
>What I would like to do is put a straight copy
>of windows 95b on the computer and eliminate
>all this old software.
>Wonder if anyone has done this and if so could
>they direct me to a step by step process as I've
>read that this is not as easy as it would seem.

Caution: This email is intended to generate discussion rather than to
give  advice which can be acted on. [See below].

I work as a volunteer with a non-profit organization that solicits used
computers from large businesses, and then refurbishes them and donates them
to schools.

We receive many Compaqs and other brands of computer. We treat them all the
same i.e. fdisk, format and install Windows 3.1 and, sometimes, Windows 95,
without any concern about a hidden partition.

My understanding earlier had been that one can't do this where a hidden
partition is present, but this practice doesn't seem to have caused any
problems.

I would be grateful for any comments.

Regards

Robert Turnbull, Toronto, Canada