Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 14:37:13 -0700
On 20 May 99, at 19:53, Lonranger wrote:

> I am currently using Eudora Pro 4.1 (32) on my system.  The problem that I am
> having is when people send me messages from Outlook/Outlook Express it takes
> the message and converts it to an attachment called "winmail.dat".
>
> What I would like to know is this:
>
> Is there anyway to read this other than getting the person to resend the mail
> changing their parameters?

  The message should actually look like text with an attached winmail.dat
file.  The contents of the winmail.dat should be the text of the message --
also seen in the message body -- plus any fancy formatting information such
as fonts and colours.
  There should not be any textual content in the winmail.dat file that isn't
in the normal message body, so it should be relatively safe to ignore the
file.  It is, however, annoying; you should probably urge your friends to fix
their configurations to not send these files.
  [These files are particularly a problem on mail to mailing lists (like
this) for subscribers who read the "digest" form of the list...).  Ideally,
your friends should only send this "rich text" form to people they know use
the same Microsoft mail program as they do.  (There have been at least 5 mail
programs from Microsoft in the last four-and-a-half years, and I have no idea
which "rich text" formats are compatible with which programs....)]

  Bottom line is that you shouldn't need them to resend the mail, but it
would be a good idea to get them to change their parameters.

David G

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html