Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Sue Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:28:21 -0400
Hi Diane,

You didn't mention what version of Netscape, but I'm assuming this
"feature" carried over from the 4.x versions to whatever is being
used now.
Netscape sometimes will not shut down completely, and will remain
running in the background. Symptoms are exactly what you describe
when you try to reopen it. I think it may have to do with not letting
some ad banners load completely (hitting stop), but there may be
other reasons that invoke this bug.
What you need to do is shut down Netscape, do a CTRL-ALT-DEL, and
look for Netscape still running. It should be listed there. Just hit
the end task button, and if it gives you the not responding dialogue
box, hit end task on that also.
THen you can reopen Netscrape and have it function normally. Any time
you have the symptoms again, just shut it down and check with CTRL-
ALT-DEL once more.
I'm sure this will cure your problem. :-)

Sue Clark
Bristol, ME

> What's happening to my computer?  I can get on line, retrieve and send e
> mail but when I try to get onto the net, it just keeps trying and never
> gets
> past 4% or so.  The screen stays white.  I use Netscape and have it set
> start on a blank page.  The Netscape icon in the top right corner keeps
> moving, my connection is good (I tried disconnecting and then starting
> over
> but no difference).  I have just closed down Netscape and gone back into
> Outlook to send this notice.  My connection remains good.  Thanks.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml