Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
William Closure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:36:36 EST
In a message dated 2/3/03 [log in to unmask] writes:

> The clock on my computer has slowly been falling behind.  And it keeps
> getting worse (yesterday it was 15 minutes behind and now it is an hour).
>
> What does this indicate?  Is there something wrong with the computer?  Or
> does the clock have its own separate power source?  Regardless, how do I
> correct this problem?

It is rare when I can offer an authoritative answer, so here goes!  The
computer clock is controlled by a battery on the mother board.  Deterioration
of accuracy indicates the battery in on its last legs.  Some batteries are
soldered, others in a holder.

Check your computer manual for specifics.  If there is no help there, check
the PCBUILD archives for posts under "clock," "battery," or "batteries."  You
will get information on how to identify battery and replacement.

In the meantime, for current time, go to  http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ .
Not only can you get the current time +/- 0.5 seconds from the US National
Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), you can download a program that
will reset your clock, on demand or once a day.

William Closure

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml