Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 22:03:49 -0700
From: "Ron Paddock"
Subject: [PCSOFT] Remove W98 Log on pop up

How can I stop this small window from coming on my screen when Win98 is starting.
Window is titled "Enter Password".
It has a box labeled "select user name", which is empty, a box to enter "password", and two butons
labeled "Enter" and "Cancel".
The "enter" button is greyed out so the only option I have is to click on the "cancel" button,
after which it will to continue loading Windows98.
This is something new to me. In the past it just loaded Windows98 without showing this window. I
probably done something to cause this but I can't figure what it would have been.
Ron Paddock    [log in to unmask]
Ron,

Since the logon box contains no users to choose from, you probably  enabled multiple users
(profiles) on your machine by using the "passwords" icon in your control panel. If you did not want
this feature enabled, (i.e.. there are no other users, or they all use the same desktop) then I
suggest the following...

Open the "Passwords" icon, and select the "User profiles" tab. Select the option that reads "All
users of this computer use the same preferences and desktop settings." This will reset your machine
to the default user and should remove the logon box.

However, if you wanted multiple user profiles enabled, then you need to use the "Users" icon in
your control panel. This will guide you through the process of adding new users, and supplying
passwords for each. Then, if you want, you can return to the "Passwords" icon, and select the
second option " Users can customize their preferences and desktop settings". Good luck

Alan Thompson

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com