Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 21:31:14 -0800
From: "Irena Thomas"
Subject: [PCSOFT] "out of resources" in Windows Millenium

> Hello Group;
>
> System: P4, 20Gb HD (18Gb free), 256Mb RAM, Windows ME Edition (OEM).
>
> Problem: frequent "our of resources", "low on resources" and "not enough
> memory to run this program. Quit one or more applicationas and try again".
>
> Resource meter confirms resource drain. We can run out of resources with
> only a telnet (pine) and local netscape calendar running!
> Running ME system restore did not help.
> We got into msconfig and unchecked several items from Startup folder.
> Progress, but not good enough: the machine is slowing down and still
> running out of resources.
>
> The items unchecked in Startup are: ctfmon.exe, MMTray, LoadPowerProfile,
> TCASUTI.EXE, CreateCD5.0, AdaptecDirectCD, LoadPowerProfile, MOSearch,
> MDM7.
>
> The items still checked in the Startup:
> ScanRegistry, TaskMonitor, PCHealth, SystemTray, Multimedia Keyboard,
> SSDPSRV, StateMgr.
>
> Questions:
>  1. Should we uncheck everything but SystemTray ?
>  2. Is it windows or hardware problem ?
>  3. Should we uinstall ME and get Win98SE instead ?
>

> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
> Irena.          ([log in to unmask])
> ------

Irena,

Until you get some answers to your questions, you might try running the full tests at www.pcpitstop.com and
see if they can detect any problems. You might also try putting a shortcut to Dr. Watson in your Startup
folder (drwatson.exe -usually c:\windows ). Also, try running system monitor (sysmon.exe - also c:\windows).
hth

Al Thompson