Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:43:53 +1200
My 2c - I've missed some of this thread so this comment probably isn't
appropriate - but here goes.  ]

When I build a PC (and install W98SE as always!) one of the first things I
do is dump MSTask.exe. I do it right after upgrading Internet Explorer from
the basic version (to 5.5 as always!) as the IE upgrade just adds the damn
thing in again.

I dump it because it takes up space on the task bar, and because I like to
have as few as possible automated  apps running.

Windows in any flavour is tough enough to control as it is without robot
progs cutting in and out at random and stuffing up the settings.

As I said - just my 2c.  But if you want to dump Task Scheduler, go into the
Windows\System folder and delete mstask.exe.  If you can't bear to part with
it but don't want it running, create a 'dumped' folder and move it into
there.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "A&C Thompson"

> Alice and Sven,
>
> Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Microsoft Critical Update
>
> Sven wrote:
>
> > 2) If I recall correctly, you can bring up the Task Scheduler window and
on
> > the menu under Tools there's an option to "Stop using Task Scheduler".
If
> > you have other tasks scheduled, you may not want to use this option.
Keep us
> > posted.
>
> On WinME I have an option under 'Advanced' and the option is to "Pause
task scheduler". But like
> Sven said,
> "If you have other tasks scheduled, you may not want to use this option."
>
> I'm running out of ideas as everyone has covered any I had thought of. The
last thing I can think of
> is to check on the "Programs" tab in Zone Alarm (if installed). See if
it's listed in there, and if
> so, you could deny it access to the Internet. This, of course, will also
stop any other scheduled
> tasks that need to access the Internet.
>
> For an absolute solution, you could delete the task scheduler exe program
(MSTASK.EXE), but this is
> pretty drastic - like others have commented,  " like burning down the
house to solve a leaky faucet
> ". I don't recommend this action - it could cause other problems, and it
might end up being
> reinstalled anyway if future problems require a reinstall of Windows.
>
> Al Thompson

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com