Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 13:09:21 -0700
It might not be the physical RAM that you are running out of but the swap file space.  Now a days some programs are programmed to only to run in this space.  You might need to up the amounts.

Bruce Jarrett-Norton

Carol <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Don,
I don't see how it could be memory. I have 180+ RAM and all that was open
was Outlook Express and Windows Explorer. I even keep my system tray as
clean as possible all the time. All that's there is Zone Alarm and Norton.
I'm very conscious of resources, because I came from a 250 meg hard drive
with minimum RAM four years ago to this computer.
I have Win98.
Carol Hanson

> Probably the system is out of memory. Usual cause of that is having too
> many progs running in the background, or even just one prog which might be
> a resource hog. Close everything you're not currently working on. Most
> people have too much running automatically at startup, then wonder why
> performance slows or stops.
>
> It's not likely to be a monitor problem.
>
> When asking for help, always state what OS you have, and basic computer
> details. Without that info, we can only generalise or guess.
>
> Don Penlington

visit our download web page at:
http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

Bruce Jarrett-Norton