Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Vince Teachout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:03:09 -0500
At 09:48 AM 3/7/04 -0600, Dean Kiley wrote:

Hi, Dean
I Hope I didn't come off as yelling at you, that wasn't my intent.  Just
wanted to let people know that you can install Linux without repartitioning
(or more acurrately, most Linux installs will do the repartitioning for
you.)    You may have a point about Win98 vs XP, my experience is only with
W98, and I should have made that clear.

Where you change the boot loader  options depends on the Linux flavor and
boot loader you are using.  I'm using Suse, which by default uses the GRUB
loader.  I don't know if Redhat uses GRUB or LILO.   In Suse, they have a
graphical system maintenance tool that makes it easy.  You give it the root
password, go to the system options, find boot loader, and from there you
can change the default startup simply by using a pull-down and clicking the
one you want.

I would bet that Redhat has something similar, and that would be the first
place you should look.

If you don't have a GUI interface for that, then your only option is to
manually edit the bood loader config file, which is probably in /etc.   I
don't know what your experience level is with Linux, but if you do it this
way - BE CAREFUL!  You can easily get your system to a point where it won't
boot at all.

If you need the exact file name, let me know and I'll find out - I'm in
Windows, now, and don't want to reboot into linux and back into w98 :-)

 >Vince,

 >I will hunt down the article that directed to set up Windows and Linux in<br>
 >the manner I described. My response was due to three attempts to Install
 >Red
 >Hat first on the drive and the install failing. After re arranging the
 >drive
 >partitions, the install went smoothly, hence my reply. This may be due to<br>
 >your using W98, on a Fat32 partition, and my use of XP on an NTFS
 >partition.

 >Also, would you kindly direct me to where exactly that I might make the<br>
 >change to the boot loader as you describe? I have looked for it and could<br>
 >not find it.
 >My apologies for any confusion I may have caused to anyone else following<br>
 >the thread.
 >Thank you.
 >Dean Kiley

                     visit our download web page at: