Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:14:10 -0500
Hello Ray,

After doing some searching, I decided you meant the S4 100 (note the
space).  After some more browsing I came across this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000055XZB/ref%3Dnosim/newsfortraders/102-4947617-0544127

One of the customer reviews states that this is also a Umax, as you
suggested, Model Astra 3400.  Now, presuming this is the case, there are
drivers located on the Umax site.

http://www.umax.com/support/download.html

The driver download for Win98SE was something like 44Mb.  I surely hope
this helps.

David Abbe

At 09:26 AM 10/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Puchased a COMPAQ MODEL S4100 USB port scanner from computer store going out
>of business. This is anew unopened item. It did not have a driver disk
>inside for the driver. I called COMPAQ , after 90 minutes wading through the
>options, the tech said it was manufactured by UMAX CORP., and they did not
>have a driver for it. It was a discontinued item. So, I called UMAX, and
>  yes you guessed it) waded through another hour of hold, press option,
>etc....to find out...They do not know anything about the proper driver." You
>will have to contact COMPAQ for the proper driver". Any ideas on how to get
>a driver for this SCANNER?
>
>RAY

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml