Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Darren K. Page" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:55:14 -0500
I used the MS Network Client at work, which I also managed to fit on a
floppy. So in short, I made myself a boot floppy to get me up and going in
DOS on the network (TCP/IP, DHCP, Domain password etc.). Works really well.
Follow the readme, and also go to www.xircom.com and do a search for
Document ID: Technical Bulletin 4004 (someone else from the list posted this
a while ago...). Also, make sure that you have the right DOS driver for your
card, and look at the readme from there to get more info (driver name, how
to setup system.ini and protocol.ini, etc.).

Darren K. Page
Montreal, Qc

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Karl Gottshalk
Sent: Monday, December 13, 1999 7:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Networking

I use the Microsoft Network Client for MS-DOS version 3.0 available on the
Windows NT 3.5 or NT 4 CD's in the client folders, or also available from:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/clients/msclient/ . The drivers are available
in 2 files, that each fit on a floppy. Just boot to DOS, insert disk 1, type
setup (I think), and it sets up your hard drive for a network. NetBUI and
IPX/SPX clients are included, TCP/IP may be. Once you have done it a few
times it feels easy, but as I recall, it was a little confusing at first. I
keep an NIC here in the office and use the MS client to copy files if needed
on machines without CD-ROMS (you can easily map drives, etc). Just type in
NET at the DOS prompt after a reboot to log into other machines and map
their drives.

Karl Gottshalk

> How do I copy an entire folder trought the network to a computer that is
> running only the DOS portion of Win98? (I had to format the hard drive and
> that PC does not have a cd-rom reader). What software do you recommend
(the
> simplest the better).

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html