Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 08:58:14 -0700
Hi Will,
I had this problem with one of my computers although I could
select "Log Off" and then log back on with my user name and
password and access the network.  I found this tip in a Windows
Magazine(R) "Special Tips Issue Winter 1999" under Networking.

"You might have problems browsing with Windows 95 if you have
not cached a start-up log-on password.  Use RegEdit to get to
the following variable: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\
Windows\Current Version\Network\Real Mode Net.  Delete the line
that says AUTOLOGON=0 and reboot."
Now the system asked for a log on password each time.
Regards,

Bill Griffith
Integrated Computer Solutions

>I set up a network between a 486 Packard Bell with Win 95 and a Win98 Dell,
using a Cat5 crossover cable. The Dell can see the Packard Bell and itself,
transfer files back and forth. The Packard Bell doesn't know it's on a
network: can't see itself or the Dell. Sharing is enabled in all the correct
places, workgroup name is the same.

Here's the odd bit: The Packard Bell will not ask for a network (or even
Windows) log on. And no amount of reinstalling network components seem to
get it to ask for one (Client for MS networks is the logon choice). I think
that the two network problems are tied together.

Will Stephenson   ><>

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]