Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 09:59:07 -0800
On 15 Feb 99, at 16:33, jim wrote:

> re: the recent thread on the list about BIOS v.s. CMOS.  is there
> any way to store CMOS settings on a bootable floppy?  i once had my
> CMOS battery go bad, and had to go through incredible hoops (and not
> negligible expense) to get the settings restored.  any way to save it
> on a bootable floppy, just in case?

  I know that I have seen freeware utilities to save CMOS data to disk,
and to restore it.  They don't care whether the disk is bootable, but
it is definitely more useful in that case.

  Note that since the CMOS provides parameters to the BIOS before the
first disk access, you'll have to AT LEAST configure the CMOS to
recognize the floppy drive before you can use such a disk.

David G

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html