Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:36:43 -0600
I have received numerous comments and requests for answers
about the dead time on our mailing lists over the weekend.   The
answer I have received is rather vague, so maybe it is best to
share it with all of you.

Please remember that PCBUILD & PCSOFT are only two out of
over 750 mailing lists serviced on Maelstrom, (one of the largest
Listserv host sites in the Listserver system).  Here is the comments
from the senior Postmaster of Maelstrom:

>Beats me.  OK, first: Maelstrom has been running just fine for the last
>36 days, it's SJU's connection with the Internet that is uh, flakey.  I
>know the distinction isn't very meaningful to you or your subscribers but
>the server has been very good to all of us the last 3 years and I don't
>like it getting its reputation blemished but whatever this mess is.
>
>The current problems have been explained, slowly and in English, to me and
>I still don't know what's going on.  Wednesday night our ISP, Applied
>Theory, called us to tell us we had problems.  My guess is that they
>changed something that was sensitive to some configuration problems SJU
>now recognizes that it has been living with for years.  We corrected
>our configuration and started seeing the highest bandwidth we've ever
>seen.  Sometime before midnight Friday some other external event apparently
>caused the situation to reverse itself at the Applied Theory end and we
>again faded off the Internet.  As of Sunday afternoon, SJU has UN-corrected
>itself back to the known bad configuration and is running again.  The
>expectation is that eventually something else somewhere will get fixed,
>but SJU will be included in the corrective process.  Or not.

Bob Wright  -   The NOSPIN GROUP
   [log in to unmask]   -   http://nospin.com
Listserv Owner   PCBUILD  -  PCSOFT
                          PC-PDA  -   I-GAMES

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**