Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 18:31:47 +0200
Hello Rick,

RG> You want to do what I was thinking you might be doing...
RG> Packet writting on CD-RW. The worse choice of all
RG> the choices available. It is a disaster waiting to happen.

Allow me to summarize. Packet writing is like diskette: you have to
format, after that you can erase, write again, read, whatever. But
like diskettes you have a limited lifetime of such a CD and it is less
than 100% reliable (though I never had problems with that 1 year after
purchase of the drive... guess I'm just lucky :). This works only on
CDRW (CD-Rewritable) media.

On the other hand there are one-time writes which are like ordinary
CDs -- you write them once and then don't change the contents (there
are details about multisession cds where you write additional files
every time, but you never erase already existing data). They are much
more durable -- if you use quality media and verify the disk after
writing it will last long. Works on CD-R (Recordable) and RW
(Rewritable) media, in latter case you can erase the whole CD and
start anew.

Packet formatting is not usually done with Nero but with InCD or other
program which came with your drive.

One-time writes are done in Nero: create a new cd, drag the files into
the empty window, click Burn... and you have an one-time CD.

Yours,

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
| FAX (413)431-4014               ICQ 2386792
|
| Freelance website and graphics designer
| Visit my site : http://maxwd.hypermart.net
|
| Editor - Graphics artist
| NOSPIN group