Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Camerons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 23:40:59 -0500
I too have been victimized by the wnad.exe file, which showed up after i
downloaded the  Yo Mama, Osama  game from the TwistedHumor site.  It put the
file in my startup.  I think I've gotten rid of it, but will be on the
lookout.

Mary Cameron

> Date:    Sat, 6 Oct 2001 00:48:15 -0600
> From:    don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Wnad.exe/dial-up
>
> Allen writes:
>
> <<For the past
> few days whenever I start my computer it automatically dials
> up my Internet connection. ....I don't know what WNAD.EXE is but it was
> created on my
> machine just yesterday and apparently 'modified' on my
> computer about six hours before it was placed there.
> Another file, wnad-update.exe was created about the same
> time.  What is this thing and does it have anything to
> do with my computer's need to dial me up?>>
>
> I don't know what this is, but it sounds suspiciously like a piece of
> Adware--have you downloaded or installed any "Freeware" lately? Perhaps
> something that looks too good to be true?
>
> Some of these things can be very insidious and difficult to eliminate once
> they're into your system.  It could be extracting data from your computer
> and transmitting it to some unknown recipient.  Which may or may not be
> sinister.  (Comet Cursor is one such insidious nasty, but there are lots
of
> them out there.)
>
> It's probably inserted itself into one of the startup registry
> locations.  See my tutorial on "Computer slow to start" if you need
details
> of where to look.  The startup file may be cunningly disguised under
> another name.  Disable whatever you don't recognise and see what happens.
>
> Then delete those unwanted files.  But don't be surprised if they
> regenerate or pop up elsewhere on your system.  You just have to track
them
> down.
>
> Maybe someone on the List will have specific detail on these files. I
could
> be way off on the wrong tangent.
>
> I doubt it's anything to do with your deletion of Outlook.
>
> If I'm correct, and if you can identify the program which inserted these
> files, we'd be interested to know the name of the offending software.
> Uninstalling the original program, unless you use an install monitor such
> as Cleansweep, usually doesn't eliminate these rogue files.
>
> Don Penlington

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml