Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"James W. Cooley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:43:06 -0500
Installation problem,
 I am using Windows 98 on an IBM Aptiva.

I had a good Windows word processing program installed and
working fine.  Then I tried to add another feature
and let it go into the install by mistake.  It gave the
error message:
"Setup could not read from the file ..."
"Destination file c:\ ... "
I hit the ignore option and it installed some  files and
stopped with the same error message involving another file.
This was repeated many times.
I then uninstalled the whole program with Microhelp uninstaller.
I have always had success with this program.
I tried the full installation again and got the same error messages.
Some files were installed but many were not.  I then simply copied
some of the missing files.  Why could I copy files that the installation
program could not?

After this, Outlook Express would not run.
I downloaded and installed a later
version and Outlook Express is now fine.

I borrowed another installation disk for the same program and tried
again with the same result. Thinking the problem was with my
CD I bought a new CD R drive and tried installing with that.  Same failure.
I burned a copy of the installation disk and tried with that.  Same result.

I manually copied the main application program to the directory where it belonged.
When I tried to run it I got the message:
"There is not enough memory or disk space to run ..."

I now suspect that the uninstall left something in the registry that
stops a proper installation but I do not know enough about the registry to
tamper with it.  Any help would be appreciated.
Jim Cooley  [log in to unmask]

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml