Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Lee Kefauver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:54:05 -0500
Quicken problems

==================

I am using Quicken 2006 Premier Release QA5 under Windows XP Pro Sp2.

Problem 1.

It happens fairly frequently that transaction downloaded from brokerage
firms show up with N/A in the Cash Amt column, leaving the Cash Bal as if
noting at all had happened.

This happens most often with sell transactions from Scottrade, but can
happen (as far as I can

remember) with other types of transactions and from other sources (e.g.,
schwab).

When this happens, it becomes impossible to reconcile the Quicken account
with the statement received from the brokerage firm.

When I see that this has happened, i.e., that the Quicken transaction list
contains one or more

transactions (usually sells) with N/A in the cash amount, I try to
change/edit the transaction so that the actual amount is shown and accounted
for. This never succeeds. I always have to

insert a new transaction, verify that the Cash Amt is not N/A, then delete
the old transaction,

and then change the date of the new tranaction to be the same as that of the
old transaction which was deleted.

I would like to know:

(1) why this happens;

(2) how can it be prevented;

(3) is there an easier way of fixing it when it does happen.

Problem 2.

More often than not, when I go the securities list and scroll down to find

a specific security and then click to review its transactions, etc.,

Quicken freezes and I can only get out by ctrl-alt-del and relaunching
Quicken.

Is there a fix for this?

Problem 3.

Often, when I click on something in Quicken I get the expected hour glass
pointer,

but it flickers for several seconds before it becomes stable and returns to
the usual

pointer. I suspect this is caused by having too much data stored. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any info and advice,

Lee Kefauver

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:30 PM

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: