Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Delano Lalla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 22:14:01 EDT
Does anyone know of utilities that would aid me in creating a batch file
that would allow me to update the Machine Name, Computer Description, and
parse a text file to a specific line to change one value?

Here's my scenario.
We are currently doing a software rollout for a majority of the elementary
schools in my county.  3 pieces of software are being installed.
1)proprietary educational software (during installation, this prompts the
installer for a unique numerical station ID to place its configuration text
file)  Can anyone assist me or point me in the right direction for creation
of a batch file that would automatically edit one line in that text file?
2)quicktime 32, the old version.. are there any command line switches or
.inf
or unattend files that would automatically bypass all the prompts?
3)novell client95..  I've created an unattend.txt file using NCIMAN and
applied the command line switch so that the full command looks like..
r:\client95\setup /acu /u:r:\client\unattend.txt    and yet it runs through
the installation without any prompts but does not apply any of the settings
I've specified in the unattend file.

The idea is to run one batch file that would slap the software onto the HD,
configured as we need.  So that the installation team's task can be
simplified and they can proceed without having to worry about lenghty
configurations for each station.

Any insight to any of these 3 questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Delano Lalla.

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]