Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jul 1998 09:10:50 -0600
Good Morning all,

First, forgive my taking liberties as the List Owner of both PCBUILD
and PCSOFT to use these mailing lists to seek a special answer to
a problem.

I have received an interesting request from a senior member at St.
Johns University, (our listserv host), for assistance in solving a problem.
This request as I understand it comes from ESF and the Helen Keller
Institute.  The question concerns finding a cost effect, simple to
implement solution for blind computer users.

So, I would ask for your input, especially as we are in a slow
period of use of these mailing lists.  Here is their request:

"The one that I think will interest you the most is the
development of an interface that is more accessible for the blind and
mobiltiy impaired.  I would like to see an old fashioned dos-type menu
system based on win95 macros.  Hit F1 and get a list of option such as: F2
brings you to Word, F3 to Excel, F4 to a web browser, etc.  I would like
to develop a Digital User Interface to replace the GUI."

"I need a lot more information about the pros and cons of the hardware and
software solutions.  I have questions on flexibility and cost.  I think I
can use something like macromagic to set up the kind of system I envision
with minimal cost and programming.  I have no idea of the limitations of
such a system."

I have recommended the use of an IBM keyboard that has programmable
keys on the right side of the keyboard, that can be set to launch programs
with a single key stroke.   More input about this keyboard, other hardware,
existing software applications, (cost is an issue), and other solutions would
be appreciated.

Also, if anyone is interested in becoming involved with these people to
develope a software solution, (remembering that this would be a
donation of your time and skills for a worthwhile organization), feel
free to contact me directly.

Thanks for indulging me on this one...  (yes, I know it is a crosspost)...
I hope you all will forgive my taking liberties with these mailling lists...
*grin*   But, there has to be some benefit for all the years of  providing
these lists...   *wink*

Thanks for you time and patience...

BOB WRIGHT  -   The NOSPIN GROUP
   [log in to unmask]   -   http://nospin.com
Listserv Owner   PCBUILD : PCSOFT : PC-MS : VPLANETS
                             PCBLDFAQ : PC-PDA : I-GAMES