Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Marg Belliveau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:29:21 -0400
That depends, if you are referring to the items under 'New', as in
New...Folder...Shortcut
or Bitmap or Microsoft Powerpoint item, etc., then yes you can remove them.
Explorer will just create a new, empty file - sometimes with a special
template - with the appropriate extension in that location
I believe some of the 'Tweak' programs will do this, like the Tweakui part
of Powertoys (but wait for the new version to come out, later this Spring,
for XP, they are fixing some bugs in it, I believe).
If you want to do it yourself, you can edit the Registry.
To be safe, it's recommended you backup the registry before making any
changes, or at least make sure you create a Restore Point just before you
tackle the job...
It's really quite simple, though.  To remove these unwanted entries...go to
START..RUN and type 'regedit' (no quotes).
Select Find from the Edit menu, type ShellNew, and press OK. Every ShellNew
that is found will be a branch of a particular file type.
If that file type is not wanted in the New menu, delete the entire ShellNew
branch. Repeat this for every unwanted file type, and close the Registry
Editor when finished.
Or a reversible way (but it takes longer), is to rename each instance of
'ShellNew' to 'ShellNewOld'.
There is no reboot necessary in either case, they will just be removed from
the menu.
If you mean the other choices in the right-click context menu, then no, I
don't believe it is that simple, or that you even can.  There are programs
that you install (like Winzip, Winamp, some Virus Scanners, etc) that add
options to the context-menu, but you would have to check the programs
themselves for an option to remove the item.
Hope this helps!
Marg Belliveau