Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
James Dicomes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:46:10 -0700
In the past a couple of these things invaded my pc. They were scare tactics
to get one to buy their products.Very pesky things to uninstall. You may try
going to the company and look for an uninstall program but I had no luck
with that. I looked everywhere in my pc that I could think to look without
going into the registry. Try going into control panel and Add Or Remove. If
it is listed delete it. Do a search for it and delete all you find . Go into
windows explorer and under Programs delete all you find. After doing all
that there were some thing that would not delete but the cleaning was good
enough to prevent it from popping up all the time and it appeared not to
affect anything on the pc so I just ignored it. All of it was gone after my
next reformat. Almost forgot, You can try a Restore. Pick a restore date
that is prior to the day that thing popped up.
----- Original Message -----
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:51 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] PC ScanandSweep + PCPitstop

Folks,
About a week ago something called PC ScanandSweep invaded my computer and I
don't know how it got there - except that I must have done something wrong.
Anyway, there are its numerous icons on the desktop and every time it boots
all kind of messages come up warning me about over 7000 junk items in my
machine.
What is this "thing"?  Is it dangerous?  What do I do to kill it?  Or should
I kill it?  Are they trying to sell me something?  If so, is it worthwhile?
etc.
If the machine is really full of junk, is this or another one called PC
Pitstop worthwhile?  I feel OK about virus protection as my ISP came with
McAfee as part of the service.
Thanks in advance,
Lewis E.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: