Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 10:10:49 -0800
On  6 Dec 98 at 9:05, SES-Jeddah wrote:

> I am looking for a utility to capture the email addresses of a
> *.txt or *.html or email to any address book or file [*.dbf, *.txt]

  I may have misunderstood you, but it sounds like maybe you want a
tool to go through a large amount of text, extract the strings that
might be e-mail addresses, and write just those to a second file.  Is
that a reasonably accurate statement of what you want?  [If not,
please try rephrasing your question.]

  It's certainly possible to write such a thing in a scripting
language with good text-processing facilities -- PERL comes to mind
as a good example.

  In order for such a program to already exist and be available, it
must be useful to a number of people.  So a useful clue to finding
such a program might be to ask "Who would find this useful?"
  Unfortunately, the answer that springs immediately to my mind is
"spammers" -- people mining the volumes of list archives and usenet
groups looking for addresses to whom to send unsolicited junk email.
  IF this is your intention, you should be aware that this practise
violates the "terms of service" agreements of many ISPs, in part
because an ISP can be subjected to various sorts of negative
consequences if it allows its subscribers to behave in this obnoxious
fashion.
  [As far as I have seen, many of the mailer programs out there that
claim to disguise the oribin of messages are only half-effective...]

  If you have some other use in mind, I'd be curious to know what it
is.

David G

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html