Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Lander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:26:24 -0500
I have a need to do what Rob was asking for:  stop a program every Thursday at exactly 5:00pm, in preparation for system maint  (it’s OK in our case to just kill it;  we don’t need to shut down smoothly…)

I looked at the Win2000 (SP2) scheduler (Ctrl Panel|Scheduled Tasks), but don’t see anything like what I need: there is an option to "Stop the task if it runs for xx hours", but that might not always be reliable (if the program crashed and had to be restarted, for example).
I wrote a VB app that uses AppActivate xxx, then SendKeys to invoke the program’s “File|Exit” buttons, but that also isn’t fully reliable.
I’m looking now into the Window’s TerminateProcess API, but wondered first if anyone had any other suggestions (utilities, etc)?
I searched the archives, and several other sites, and haven’t seen anything close.
Thanks,
Tom

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999 11:59:13 -0700, Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>You don't mention which OS you are running but Win98 Scheduler should
>handle this job. Just tell it when to start and stop the program.

>>   I am looking for a piece of software that will kill a process that is
>>running at a specific time.  I don't want one of my programs running all
>>night (The HD activity annoys me at night) and I would like to be able to
>>kill the program if I forget to turn it off.
>>Rob

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com