Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 04:50:05 -0500
At 22:22 03/08/04, Diane Duncan wrote:
>At 08:40 PM 3/8/04 -0500, Bill Cohane wrote:
>>The file that you downloaded (WIN98SE.EXE) from
>>http://freepctech.com/pc/002/files010.shtml
>>contains the many individual Win98 boot files.
>
>I saved the freepctech file to my hard drive and tried to launch
>it with a new formatted floppy in the floppy drive. I tried a
>total of 3 times. Nothing happened, except that a total of 3
>"Win Image"(?) button thingies showed up on my status bar.
>Normally, I right-click an open app from the status bar and close
>it, but the only right-click option was Move.

Hi Diane

I was curious to see what happened to you, so I downloaded the
file Win98se.exe to my desktop. (I didn't put it into any special
folder.)

When I double clicked on Win98se.exe, a small grey window appeared.
It said "WinImage Self Extractor" with a button saying [ok].

Clicking the "ok" button changed the window to "Batch Assistant"
with dialog "Insert Floppy to write" and two buttons, [ok] and
[cancel].

I inserted a blank, non-write protected floppy in the drive and then
clicked "ok".

The window became "Drive A. Formatting Writing Verify" with a
progress box that slowly went from 0% to 100%.

I rebooted and the floppy did boot into Win98 DOS.

I decided to run Win98SE.exe again. When I got to the "Batch Assistant"
window with "Insert Floppy to write" message, I put another floppy in
the drive, this time one that was not blank. Clicking "ok" changed the
dialog to "Disk is not empty, all data on your disk will be lost. Do
you want to continue?" Clicking "Yes" brought up the "Formatting Writing
Verify" progress window which went from 0% to 100%. Again, the created
floppy worked okay as a boot disk.

Note that the floppy you use must be a good one (you might want to
format it first just to check that it is good) and it must not be
write protected. (The sliding plastic tab in the corner must fill
the entire opening.) It doesn't matter if it is formatted or how much
free space is available on the diskette.

The grey windows with messages and buttons that I described are small
and may become hidden if you have program windows covering all or
part of your desktop. You have to click "ok" each time you are asked.
(Or click "cancel" to stop. If you do click "cance", you are asked
to verify whether that is what you want to do.)

Regards,
Bill

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml