Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:06:34 +0200
Hello Sixto,

Thursday, August 19, 1999, 12:22:54 AM, you wrote:

SB> I want to have an idea what these are; Common Gateway Interface
SB> scripting and PERL? - how do they work and why they are essential?  ...
SB> at least in general.

CGI is an interface that allows the browser to run programs on the
server. These programs are usually invoked from HTML. For example,
when you press "Submit" on some form, the browser, as a rule, will
send the info you typed in to some program residing on the server,
utilizing CGI, and the program will generate a thank you HTML document
in return and send it back, utilizing CGI again.

CGI is only an interface protocol. The actual program ran on the
server may be written in any language, for example C, VBasic, Perl,
TCL, even Unix shell scripts can use CGI.

Perl : Practical Extraction and Report Language : an interpreted
language (like Basic). Has a powerful text analysis and search
functions. Is utilized a lot as a CGI application language. Available
for most platforms, including Unix and DOS. Typical uses : small-sized
programs, like text counters, guestbooks, forums, mailing bots, search
tools.

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]