Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Smilie, Sam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 08:55:33 -0400
Andrew Williams writes:

"'m fairly computer-savy but databases are one thing I've not worked
with much. I would like to set up four databases in MS Access 95. I
would like one to list my comic book collection, which I could
cross-index with want list of comics I don't have. I would also like to
set up two other unrelated databases:  one to index articles from
computer magazines, and one to organize basic customer information for
my small, in-home business. Any help, instructions, or tips on getting
these started would be greatly appreciated."

--------------------------
Here is what you do Andrew:

Open Access, choose "Blank Database" name the database and click
"Create".  You can create four tables in Access, one for each of your
needs (comic book collection, list of comics you don't have, etc).  To
create a new table click the Table tab in the database view and click
"New" and choose "Design View".  Name your first field (ie Comicbook
Name), select your field type (ie text).  Go down to Size and tell it
the maximum number of characters in this field (a text field has a
maximum of 256, that is 0-255).   Now move on to your next field and
repeat the process.  When you have defined all your fields, save the
table and exit.  Do this for each of your tables.

Now create queries.  Go back to the database window and click "Queries"
and then click "New".  Click "Design View".  Select the table(s) you
want in the query and click add.  Double click on the fields you want in
the query, and specify your criteria.  (under ComicName type "=Superman
No 1" for example).  Save the query when done.  To run the query click
"Query+Run" (or click the exclamation point icon on your toolbar).

Liberally use the help function, it is pretty good for as far as it
goes.  A couple of years ago, Microsoft used to put a pretty good
tutorial under help, but now they sell it separately.  Microsoft puts
out a pretty good tutorial called "Microsoft Office97 Starts Here" (You
may be able to find the Office95 version).

Basically, just play with Access.  It is pretty easy to pick up.

--Sam Smilie
Systems Analyst/Programmer
American Pharmaceutical Association