Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 20:58:18 -0600
From: Hugh Vandervoort :Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Duplicate C: Drive

> The saga of the duplicate C drive continues. She tells me this drive is
> identified as HD 128.
>
> Below is the registry info from a run of hwinfo/ui.
> I appreciate the input so far, but no luck.
> Get this: She has a friend who reports the identical phenomenon.
> I need some  more ideas, please.
> TIA
>
> Class: DiskDrive
>   DeviceDesc: GENERIC IDE  DISK TYPE46
>   Registry Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\enum\ESDI\GENERIC_IDE__DISK_TYPE46_\MF&CHILD0000&PCI&VEN_
> 8086&DEV_7111&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_01&BUS_00&DEV_07&FUNC_0100
>   Hardware Resource Section
>     Inst3 resources:
>       Alloc resources:
>           None
>   Extra Registry information Section
>     CurrentDriveLetterAssignment: CD
>   Driver Information section
>     Driver: DiskDrive\0002
>     DriverDate:  5-11-

The only other time I have seen the phantom hard drive was with Win 95.  You
might check out this MS Knowledge base article for information on this.  It
says that all of the conditions must exist but in the instance that I
corrected it all of the conditions did not exist.   The article is Q148821
and also has a fix for the problem you can download.  Go to
www.microsoft.com and select support the click on knowledge base,  on the
Knowledge base search page select "Specific article ID" under option #2,
then under option #3 "My Question is" type the article number and click on
go.  Click on the article and it will give specific information.

Mary Wolden

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]