Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 06:00:26 -0400
When you are doing a dual boot, and one OS must be installed first as in this case Windows XP (you can check this at the Microsoft knowledge base or run a google search for "dual boot XP and Linux" without the quotes, you will need to format the drive and do a clean XP install followed by the Linux install.  It is because the Master Boot Record (MBR) will not work correctly if you don't do the installs in the required order.  To my knowledge there is no shortcut to doing it this way.

bobwarasila <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I've inherited a HP PIII that's about 4 years old.  It currently has Red Hat 9.0 installed BUT I don't know the USER ID and/or Password.  I'd like to set it up as a dual boot system with Red Hat and Windows XP.   I have little to no LINUX experience so I hope to learn LINUX on this system.  From what I read on the Red Hat web site ordinarily one installs Windows first and then adds LINUX to build a dual boot system.  My questions are:
>
>Is there anyway to bypass the UserID/Password log on, or will need to do a clean installation of XP and/or Red Hat?
>
>If there is a work around,  how do I add XP?
>
>BTW it has a 36 GB HD and 384MB of RAM, a CD-burner, CD-ROM  and floppy drives.  Has a video card, sound card, modem and NIC.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.