Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kevin Nowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 04:35:05 EDT
In a message dated 8/5/99 11:07:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  Is the config.sys that you've provided *on* the floppy you boot from?
 [Windows may be complaining that it isn't *loaded*, not that it isn't present
 on the HD.]

   [My hunch at this point is that the Master Boot Record of the HD may have
 gotten corrupted -- FDISK C: /MBR should take care of that *if* that's the
 problem, although it might make it worse if this is a virus.]

David,

I used Norton's AV v5.0 standard boot disk to boot from.  As a matter of
fact, Norton did indicate the "Swiss_Boot" virus in the MBR.  Researching
that virus indicates it only contains a message in german so I didn't think
it was malicious.  Norton said to use rescue disks to remove the virus but
there are no rescue disks for that machine.  I was unable to locate AV
software that would remove the virus and could be loaded in small enough
files to fit on a floppy (there's no cdrom).  I did find AV software that
would indicate the virus but not remove it.

Also, the config.sys file I provided is the one on the machine, not on the
floppy I boot from.  Is that what I should do?  Put the config.sys on the
floppy?

TIA,
Kevin Nowicki

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: